June 2, 2015 marked the 100th anniversary of Pennsylvania workers’ compensation.
- promote awareness of the anniversary;
- reacquaint the workers’ compensation bar with the philosophy and history associated with the development of The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act;
- commemorate this event; and
- procure the involvement of all of the key groups that participate in the administration of the Workers’ Compensation Act in our Commonwealth.
The Section created a committee to achieve these goals. Launched in the spring of 2013, this website was its first project.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
R. Burke McLemore (chair)
Thomas Thomas & Hafer
Benjamin L. Costello
Yablonski, Costello & Leckie
Activities Planned by Working Groups
Many volunteers were also involved. Working group projects included:
- 14th Annual Department of Labor & Industry Workers’ Compensation Conference (June 1-2, 2015)
- Commemorative Book
- Commemorative Medal
- Commemorative 2015 Wall Calendar
- Fall Section Meeting
31st Annual Fall Section Meeting of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Law Section | Oct. 7-8, 2015 | | Hershey Lodge & Convention Center)
- Gala Dinner and Reception June 1, 2015
- Historical Essays
- Law Student Essay Contest
- Regional CLE Events (receptions with ethics CLE, April 2015)
- Time Capsule
- this Website